Basic principle of using flange gasket
The choice of material for the flange gasket depends on three factors: temperature, pressure, and media.
1. Has good compression and resilience, can adapt to temperature and pressure fluctuations.
2. It has good plasticity and can be well fitted with the flange sealing surface.
3. For certain metals (such as austenitic stainless acid-resistant steel) flanges with stress corrosion cracking tendency, the gasket material should be free of excessive impurities causing various corrosion, such as controlling the chloride ion content of the gasket. Flange corrosion
4. Do not contaminate the medium.
5. For highly toxic chemicals, gaskets should be more safe; for piping systems that transport flammable liquids, gaskets should be used for the maximum service pressure and maximum operating temperature on the flange. .
6. It is not easy to harden at low temperature, the shrinkage is small, it is not easy to soften at high temperature, and the creep resistance is good.
7. Good processing performance, easy installation and compaction;
8. Do not bond the flange sealing surface, easy to disassemble.